Monday, June 25, 2012

Hire this dude.

This past weekend I spent some time shooting a short video presentation for John.  Apparently there are some job applications that now require you to upload or link a video.  This particular job asked for a short sales presentation.   Check it out:


The parameters of the assignment didn't really allow for much creativity, but we were able to add a little personality.  My favorite part is the tracking shot at the beginning.  We did a handful of takes and this final one was simply inspired.  John's motioning with the remote, Kate's improvised gesture, and Ryan's "Woah" when he put on the 3D glasses really pulled it all together. 

I am still not totally happy with the lighting despite using six directional lamps, a chandelier, and an overhead light.  I think I might invest in some more portable spotlights.  John and I have discussed doing a video podcast for sometime, so it might be a good investment.

Speaking of podcasts.  Stay tuned for some info about a new project.  Here is the teaser line: 

F-Bomb gets called up to the majors.

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I was totally waiting for the Jurassic Park moment:
    John 1: Hello John
    John 2: Hello John
    John 2: Well fine, fine I guess, but how did I get here?

    >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NICE!!! We actually had a whole script where he talked to himself but ended up cutting it because it was too cheezy.

      Delete
  2. Can I be in on this video podcast idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!!! Me and John have talked about it for a long time and just never pulled the trigger. We will totally contributers!

      Delete
  3. PS. This is Erin. Not sure why it's posting from my super ancient blogger acount :-/

    ReplyDelete